If Everytime I had a nickel for when my home lab broke – I would be filthy rich!

As always my vcenter 5.1 broke. Started throwing unable to connect to vcenter/sdk error. When I logged in as the SSO admin I did not see vcenter registered. For some reason it disappeared.

I am still yet to fix the issue but came across this KB which helps you with re-registering vcenter components to each other. It is by no way intuitive and is all command line.

This will be very handy now that vcenter has all its services separate! You have to make sure all the moving parts, SSO, Inventory Service, web service and vcenter are connected and aware of each other – not in that particular order anyway.

Here is the KB

Update – I only have vague update on my issue with vcenter. I gave up and went ahead to reinstall just the vcenter vm – found out it kept giving me inventory server error. vCenter talks to the inventory server on https://inventory-server-url:10443 however it kept failing.

I re-installed the inventory server and then it worked fine, so the above issue was possibly due to something messy in the inventory server.

More as I know it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Post Navigation